Saturday, December 6, 2008

Green Stir Fry




We received some really beautiful greens this week as you can tell by these photos, courtesy of CSA volunteer Jo. I tend to make a big, green stirfry when we get a batch of greens because it's easy to throw together and is always delicious. I tend to use whatever veggies I have in my fridge and I serve it atop a nice bowl of quinoa.




Here is the recipe I used last Thursday:
1/2 head broccoli, cut into spears
2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 bunch swiss chard, chopped
1/2 head tat soi, chopped
1/4 head Chinese cabbage, chopped
handful snow peas
1 package firm tofu, cubed and lightly fried
Sauce:
I definitely eyeball this sauce so I don't know my exact meaurements, but adjust it to your preference of heat.

1/4 c. Bragg's liquid aminos
2 tsp. red Thai curry paste
big squirt of Sriracha hot chili sauce
chopped garlic
fresh ginger, grated
1 T. of olive oil
some cornstarch or arrowroot powder dissolved in H20 to help thicken the sauce

To Prepare:

Heat some oil in a wok or frying pan. Fry up your longer cooking veggies first. I threw in broccoli and the portobellos. Then in went the onion and the stems of the chard, tat soi and cabbage. Then in went the greens, snow peas and the tofu I had already cooked. When everything is cooked, pour the sauce on top and heat through until the sauce has thickened. This recipe made two hearty servings for two with enough leftover for lunch the next day. Yum!


No comments: